Gentle Leader Headcollar | PetSafe
A dog’s natural instinct is to pull when tension is on the lead, even if they are choking. Because standard collars and harnesses create this tension when owners pull, the dog pulls in the opposite direction. Because the Gentle Leader Headcollar works like a halter, the dog’s head is gently moved in the direction the owner wants it to go. And where the head goes, the body will follow. Because of the placement of the nose loop, the dog immediately understands his/her place in the hierarchy. The dog considers the owner his/her leader.Key Benefits
- Stops pulling, lunging, jumping, and other unwanted behaviors with immediate, gentle control.
- Adjustable nose loop allows you to direct your dog’s head in the direction you want to go.
- Makes it easy for anyone to walk big or strong dogs.
- Collar sits high on dog’s neck without putting pressure on the throat, places pressure on the back of the neck instead of the front of the delicate throat, preventing choking and coughing.
- Safe to use on puppies as young as 8 weeks old, can be converted to a regular collar if needed.